If you are a home daycare provider, you know how important it is to get the word out about your business. After all, without children to care for, you would not have a business at all! So, how do you let people know you exist? And, more importantly, that you are the best possible option for their family? Here are fifteen home daycare advertising ideas to get you started.
Home Daycare Advertising Ideas
- Yard signs – A simple but effective way to reach potential customers who live or work near your home. Remember to be sure to include your phone number and website address.
- Referrals – Ask current families if they know anyone who might be looking for childcare services. Also, you could offer a discount to families who refer new customers to you.
- Flyers – Create attractive flyers and distribute them in local businesses or post them in public places like grocery stores or libraries. Again, be sure to include your contact information.
- Online directories – List your business on online directories like Yelp or Google My Business. Registering on an online daycare directory makes it easy for parents to find you when searching for options in their area.
- Social media – Platforms like Facebook and Instagram are great ways to reach potential customers where they are already spending time. Post photos and updates regularly to let parents know what your daycare is all about.
- Host an open house – Invite families to tour your home daycare and meet you in person. An open house is a great way to answer any questions they may have and help them get to know you better.
- Write a Newsletter – Stay in touch with current and potential families by sending out a monthly newsletter with updates on what’s going on at your daycare. Furthermore, you can share special offers or discounts.
- Blog/Website – Start a blog about parenting, early childhood education, or running a home daycare business. A blog is a great way to position yourself as an expert in your field and attract new readers who may not have heard of you.
- Local events – Attend local events like festivals or holiday fairs and set up a table with information about your business. Local events are an excellent opportunity to meet potential customers face-to-face and give them something tangible to take home with them (like a flyer or business card).
- Sponsor an event – Consider sponsoring a childcare-related charity event or fundraiser. Sponsoring an event will get your name out there in front of potential customers and show that you support the community in which you do business.
- Write articles or serve as a guest expert on topics related to home daycare for regional parenting publications.
- Run targeted ads on social media.
- Run an ad in your local newspaper or magazine.
- Drop off some business cards or brochures at your local school. Often parents ask school secretaries for recommendations.
- Create door hangers for your local community. Parents want home daycare close to home.
There are many ways to advertise your home daycare business. You can reach new customers by being creative and thinking outside the box while staying within your budget. Remember, the most important thing is to make sure that your contact information is included in all of your marketing materials. So that interested parents can quickly get in touch with you.